Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Gratitude Reflection Day 2

Move over the face of
my deep,
my darkness,
my endless restless chaos,
and create,
O God;
trouble me,
comfort me,
stir me up,
and calm me,
but do not cease
to breath
your Spirit into
my awakening soul.

(Jan Richardson's "Night Visions: Searching the shadows of Advent and Christmas)


In this season of Advent, in the quiet darkness, we are given the opportunity to reflect on our lives. It is a time for us to count our blessings and be grateful. A time to awaken ourselves to the presence of God in our lives. Perhaps the face of God for you is a child, or a parent, or a friend, or a co-worker. Or maybe a stranger... Generally speaking I think gratitude is probably not something we do well, but it is a spiritual exercise we are called to do. Spending time thinking about that which we are grateful for is particularly relevant this time of year. In the hustle and bustle of the season, where do we find moments of gratitude? What are you grateful for this day?

No comments: